FOOD SERVICE PRESS RELEASE
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2020
The meal distribution program at PCPS has been granted an extension to continue serving free breakfast and lunch meals to ALL students who attend Powhatan County Schools, and to any other child 18 years or younger.
Effective July 1st through August 19th, the meal distribution day will be Wednesday each week at the following locations and times:
Distribution Times and Locations for Parent Pick-up:
Powhatan High School - 8:30am to 10:00am. Bus loop at the rear of the school.
Powhatan Middle School - 4:30pm to 6:30pm. Door 11 located on the western side of the school.
Lead-in and exit only signs are visible at each location to help with traffic flow.
Parents/Family Members are asked to drive up to the distribution station and state how many children are in the vehicle. The student(s) and/or children must be present in the vehicle in order to receive meals. A Food Service staff member will verify the number of children in the vehicle, and additional staff/volunteers will place the appropriate number of meals on a cart. The cart will be then rolled to the vehicle and the items will be placed inside by the driver or another adult in the vehicle. Carts are sanitized between each use.
If you are unable to pick up meals during the scheduled times, please contact Sodexo by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 804-598-5700, extension 123, for an alternate time or delivery method.
Number of Meals Provided:
- Wednesdays, July 1, 2020 to August 12, 2020 - 7 days of breakfast and lunch meals.
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020 – 5 days of breakfast and lunch meals.
Powhatan Elementary School – Summer School – June 29, 2020 – July 28, 2020
Meals will be distributed to all students attending summer school at Powhatan Elementary School.
- June 29, 2020 – July 23, 2020
- 8:30 am –– 1 day breakfast meal will be distributed to each child as she/he gets off the bus, Monday-Thursday.
- 11:15 am – 1 day lunch meal will be distributed to each classroom for students to take home, Monday-Wednesday. On each Thursday, 3 days of breakfast and 4 days of lunch will be distributed to take home.
- July 23, 2020 – 5 breakfast meals and 6 lunch meals will be distributed for take home.
At the conclusion of summer school, students may continue to receive breakfast and lunch meals, on Wednesday’s each week through August 19th, by going to the distribution sites at either Powhatan High or Powhatan Middle School.